Saturday, May 22, 2010

When life gives you lemons...




I LOVE lemons! When spring and summer come around, I really really love using lemons in my cooking, because it tastes so fresh! Here are a few favorite lemon recipes:

Lemon Parmesan Dressing

1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. of lemon zest
1 tsp. sugar

Whisk it all together!! This is one of my favorite salad dressings ever, and it is so easy! It's wonderful over arugula or romaine lettuce.


I also like taking this exact same dressing recipe and adding fresh basil to it. Then, pour it over pasta, and it's great hot or cold!



One of our other favorite dinners is Barefoot Contessa's chicken piccata, from this book.


I love this cookbook, and I would highly recommend any of her books! But, you can find the chicken piccata recipe here.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-piccata-recipe/index.html


The other day, my sweet friend Lindy made Barefoot Contessa's lemon curd tart and it was AMAZING! You can find that recipe here.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-curd-tart-recipe/index.html



Of course, my favorite thing to do with lemons is to make...


LEMONADE!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I am going to make your dressing. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have been channeling you tonight - I made lemon poppyseed muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy- I think I might try that tart very soon...

    ReplyDelete