The last few months have been a whirl-wind! Subbing, trips, friends in town, birthdays, church, etc... There have been good days and bad days, but thankfully the good days far out-number the bad ones!
Here's the deal: I love to cook! I am very inspired by Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) and Ellie Krieger. Most of time time, I enjoy creating my own recipes. Especially because I'm usually just cooking for Mason and I. I love piecing things together to create something great! So, without further ado, here is the first recipe I would like to share. It is a delicious, fresh, pretty healthy, and filling salad! I love the way the sweet flavors in the corn and peppers go with the edamame and the dressing!
- 8 oz. shelled edamame (usually come in 16 oz frozen bags, so I use half a bag)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 16 oz can of yellow corn, drained
- 2 stalks of green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
1) Allow the edamame to thaw out a bit, and pat it dry if it is wet or icy.
2) Chop red bell pepper and green onion
3) Mix all vegetables together.
4) In a separate bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar. Then, whisk in remaining ingredients.
5) Pour dressing on the vegetables and then let it sit in the fridge in an airtight container! (You do not have to use all of the dressing if it looks like more than you like.)
It's very easy, and it is delicious!!! It is especially good if it is refrigerated overnight. It will last for several days in the fridge. It is also simple to double!
This recipe is fun to adapt to your taste. You may like your dressing to have more or less vinegar or sugar depending on if you like it acidic or sweet. That's the fun thing about cooking...you can make it however you like!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I've decided to start a blog, because I did something worth blogging about: My sweet friend and former college roomate, Benay went with me to see CELINE. It was the best concert I will ever see in my life. I have never seen anyone perform as spectacularly as Celine. She doesn't miss a beat, and she is super entertaining. Not to mention, she is beautiful! It was phenomenal, and it was great to enjoy it with my precious friend, Benay!